People have asked: “What has CFSD accomplished after 24 months of fighting? Well let us answer: CFSD has accomplished a lot!
1. As early as August 2019 we identified the need to examine existing zoning in the White Township industrial areas South of Belvidere. The Planning Board listened and included these areas in their ongoing Master Plan reexamination;
2. We opposed a proposal by the WTPB subcommittee to create a “Jaindl Overlay Zone” within a larger LDI District which was otherwise prohibiting warehousing. The Planning Board listened and withdrew the proposal.
3. We've identified the fact that existing industrial zoning would swamp Route 519 upon buildout. The Planning Board listened and down-zoned the permissible building intensity not only in industrial areas South of Belvidere but everywhere. The changed zoning expressly prohibits warehousing.
4. Our activism has spurred Harmony Township and Lopatcong Township to reassess their zoning to prohibit warehousing altogether or to severely limit its density.
5. We have actively opposed the Jaindl application every step of the way including questioning conflicts of interest and propriety of public notice. This project , first conceptually introduced in March of 2019, is still a long way from approval.
6. Our efforts have raised awareness of the warehouse threat and are at least partly responsible for Warren County undertaking a comprehensive traffic study of impacts on the Route 519
WE ARE NOT DONE YET!!! WE HAVE ALOT MORE TO ACCOMPLISH AND NEED YOUR HELP!!!